What to bring to an Event
So, you've signed up, let the team know you're coming - but what do you bring?
We've put together a bit of a kit.
What to bring Marshalling
It’s a good idea to have a dedicated bag of gear that you take marshalling. Below are some suggestions of what you should have on any given weekend.
- Overalls – if you're heading into pit lane, flag marshalling or fire rescue overalls are a great idea. The club has its own range subsidised for volunteers. Talk to a senior member of the team about what is required to recieve the subsidy.
- Sun screen
- Insect Repellent
- Waterproof Footwear (leather boots preferable – nothing that could melt)
- Spare socks
- Jumper or sweatshirt - think layers!
- Small towel (can be worn around your neck during heavy rain or hot sun)
- Waterproof Coat, trousers and gloves (gloves optional) Not in red
- Sun hat
- Extra Fluids and Food – even if you think the event organizers are supplying this. It’s always better to have too much than too little. Don’t assume that you will get time to buy food.
- Garbage bag (mainly to keep your bag in when raining or on wet ground)
- Change of clothes kept in your vehicle
- Sun glasses or protective eye wear
- Ear plugs
- Whistle – great for getting attention of drivers or spectators when necessary.